How to use the Vial of Life
There are 4 simple steps to getting your Vial of Life kit ready. You can also save and store your Vial of Life information at VialofLife.com for easy access for changing medical and doctor information in the future.
1. Fill out the Vial of Life form
- Make blank copies of this form to keep your information current or maintain and store your updated information online with us.
- Fill out the backside of the Vial of Life form. Answer all or any pertinent questions.
2. Place the decal on front of a plastic
- Place the form you filled out in the plastic baggie.
- You may also consider placing the following items in the baggie.
- Copy of EKG
- Living Will or Equivalent
- DNR (Do Not Resuscitate)
- Recent Picture of Yourself
3. Place the baggie on refrigerator door
- Securely tape plastic baggie on the front of your refrigerator door.
- Place the decal on your refrigerator – this could be on the front or side of the refrigerator, whichever is easiest for EMS personnel to see and access.
4. Place the second decal on front door
- Place the decal on the front door so it can easily be seen by anyone responding to an emergency.
Thanks to the Vial of Life, first responders will have all the medical information they need to best treat you…
You can store and print your Vial of Life form Online.
Log-in, give your email address and select a password (must fill out *required fields).
"Personally, I believe that storing your information is the easiest method."
When information is stored, it allows you to easily change your medical information, telephone numbers, doctors, etc. and print out an updated copy.
I hope you enjoy this site. Tell your family and friends how the Vial speaks for them when they can’t speak for themselves. It really does save lives!
What goes in the plastic bag on the front of your refrigerator door
- A completed Vial of Life form. (Answer the questions you want,
don’t answer questions you don’t want)
- Providing a picture of yourself would be helpful.
- A photostat of your last EKG will greatly assist the emergency
personnel. (Your doctor will be able to provide you with a copy)
- Place your Living Will or equivalent in your baggie, if you have one.
- Place any Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) documentation in the baggie,
if you so choose
- Place any other documentation you feel important in the baggie.